Thanks to Leandro for cooking and teaching me the recipe.
Serving Size: 2
2 cups of Risotto Rice (Arborio)
1/2 Onion Small
1 chicken or shrimp bouillon cube
Marinade the shrimp with 1tsp lemon juice, pepper and salt.
Heat 1 liter water in a pot and add the bouillon cube to it. Turn to low when hot.
In another pot, add 2 tbsp butter, the onions and fry for a while. Add half of the leeks, fry and add the rice. Keep stirring for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Pour some wine and stir for a minute. With a ladle, pour some of the bouillon water and stir. Repeat till the rice gets a good consistency.
On a frying pan, heat 1tbsp butter and add the rest of the leeks. fry and then add the marinated shrimp. When cooked, add to rice and add some salt if desired.
Serve hot when done. You can optionally sprinkle some parmesan cheese on the dish!
Pork - 1 lb small pieces
Winter Melon (Chaal kumro) - 1 lb cut into 2" slices
Ginger - small piece chopped
Garlic - small pods chopped
Red peppers - 2-3
Soy sauce - as per taste
1. Wash the bone and take off the skin of winter melon, cut the melon into small piece.
2. Boiling some water and put the bone into it,boiling for 2 min
3. Get the bone out of the water, get some cold water in the pot,put the bone inside the pot again,put some ginger,garlic,red peppers,use the big fire to boil for 10 mins,then turn the fire into middle, boiling for 20 mins.
4. Put the melon into pot, put some salt into soup,you can taste to get know the quanity ,15-20 mins,
Turmeric powder--3/4th tsp
Cardamon (green)--4-5 pieces
Tomato paste--1 can(small)
Onions - 2large (chopped)
Garam masala powder -1tsp
Jeera (cumin) - 2tsp
Kasoori methi -1tsp (roast it in a dry frying pan till it smells and crush them lightly before adding to the mixture)
Milk-1/2 cup ,
Black pepper- 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Heavy Whipped Cream--3-4tbsp(optional)
1-Cut paneer into medium sizeand fry it till light golden brown.
2-Slice/chop onions finely then heat oil and fry onions till golden brown and remove and grind it to a paste.
3- Heat oil -add cardamon ,onion paste,ginger and garlic paste and fry till the oil comes out.
4-Add cumin ,redchilli powder and salt fry till done then add the can of tomato paste(mix it with little water and sugar)stir and keep cooking once the tomato look done add garam masala powder and kasoori methi cook for 3-4mins .
5 -pour milk, water and cashews until it boils cook on a low flame .
6 -when the gravy becomes thick add the fried paneer and cook for 2-3 mins.
7-Garnish with coriander and cream.
3-4 Bitter-melons (karelas)
1 Medium Onion - chopped
2 Tomatoes - chopped
2 Green chillies
1tsp Ginger-garlic paste
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Red Chilli powder
1/2tsp Coriander seeds
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/4tsp Garam masala
2tsp Lemon juice
salt to taste
1. Cut the Bitter melons along length and remove seeds. Juvenile/chop into small pieces. Put it in a container and sprinkle salt and the lemon juice. Leave for marination for 15 mins and wash thoroughly with warm water. This helps reduce the bitterness.
2. On a frying pan, add the oil and the cumin seeds. When they begin to sizzle, add onions and green chillies. Fry till light golden.
3. Add all the masalas and fry for 2 mins.
4. Add the tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes melt.
5. Now add the bitter-melon and cover. Stir occasionally.
Enjoy Karela Masala with roti-bread or dal-rice!
PS: You can substitute Karela with Bhindi(Okra) to make Bhindi Masala